Study Abroad Option
Requirements for the Study Abroad Option:
- This option is available to AMRD majors and for up to 3 credits of capstone experience credit for E*Quad majors. For ENRE majors, study abroad may allow for credits that count as restricted electives but will not meet the capstone experience requirement.
- The study abroad experience must follow the guidelines established by the WVU Office of International Programs https://studyabroad.wvu.edu/).
- A student must attend a qualified higher education institution in a foreign country for at least one semester or the entire summer term.
- A student must enroll as a full-time student during their study abroad experience and complete at least 9 credit hours of course work that is transferred to West Virginia University.
- During the study abroad experience, each student is expected to participate in outside classroom activities (seminars, student organizations, field trips, etc.), attend local events, travel, and keep at least a weekly blog of their activities.
- Either during the semester of study abroad or during the semester immediately following his/her return to West Virginia University, each student must register for 3 credits of ARE 491.
- A written report (3-5 pages) and oral presentation (10-15 minutes) on your study abroad experience to fellow students and program faculty must be satisfactorily completed to receive a grade for ARE 491.
- Contact Dr. Brown ( Cheryl.Brown@mail.wvu.edu) if you are interested in using the study abroad experience to meet your capstone experience requirement.
Study Abroad Form ARE 491